Sunday, January 6, 2013

My inspiration


My grandma inspired me to cook. She was the first person to show me a form of cooking witch was baking. She made pies all day. One day I decided to ask if I could learn how to make them. So first she taught me how to make basic pie dough. But the tricky thing was when I asked her what to put inside she said anything you can imagine. This made me think. Well what flavors would go together. I was thinking about coconuts at the time because that was my favorite thing to eat. So we made a coconut custard pie also known as coconut cream pie. This was the very first thing I liked that I made. It was amazing and the thing that helped me make more and more food was the compliments. I love when people go mmmmmm or this is amazing it really boosts my self-confidence and gives me a boost in self-esteem. Giving me the ability to not care about the bad comments but only about the good comments. My grandma is amazing and I learned that you can honestly put anything in a pie. It might not always taste good but it can work. I also learned about the campers pie, basically putting all your leftovers in a pie and baking it. For some reason it was always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment